Shows - Template
Piper 'to leave Who series two'
BBC News (BBC News)
Billie Piper may not appear in every episode of the second series of Doctor Who on BBC One, according to reports.
Piper, who plays the Doctor's assistant Rose, will return for the new series but it is not confirmed for how many episodes, said a BBC spokeswoman.
"With regard to how many episodes she will be in, we are currently story-lining series two," she said.
Christopher Eccleston has already said he will not return as the Doctor - David Tennant will become the timelord.
The return of Doctor Who has been a huge success for the BBC - both critically and with audiences.
But the loss of Eccleston was a blow for the corporation looking to build on the success of the first series.
The show has been developed by Russell T Davies, writer of Queer As Folk and The Second Coming, who is a lifelong Doctor Who fan.
The BBC spokeswoman said plans for the second series had not been finalised.
"It has not been confirmed how many episodes she will be in," she said.
"We are waiting to see the storylines and scripts."
Date Added: 5/23/2005
1) 8/10/2005 - New challenge for Dr Who artist
2) 5/27/2005 - Sales of Dr Who exterminate rivals
3) 5/23/2005 - Piper 'to leave Who series two'
4) 5/25/2004 - Dreamwatch
5) 5/10/2004 - The Master, arch-enemy of Doctor Who
6) 4/27/2004 - Press Release
7) 1/23/2004 - Who Won? Cosgrove Hall Brings Home the Big Chip
8) 1/10/2004 - New Companion for 7th Doctor
9) 11/12/2003 - Net première for Dr Who
|Books||Comic Books||Doctor Who||OU Sooners Football||People||Recipes||Shows||Songs|
|Type40 Home||Family||Fletcher||Jolynne||NeeNee's Blog||Kayleigh's Blog||My Blog||Links|
This site is written and maintained by Type40 Web Design