Shows - Template
Steven Moffat to succeed Davies as Executive Producer
Paul Hayes (Outpost Gallifrey)
The BBC Press Office and various media sources (originally broken by MediaGuardian) have announced that Steven Moffat is to succeed Russell T Davies as the chief writer and executive producer of Doctor Who when it returns for its fifth series.
The article states that Moffat will replace Davies in 2009, taking over as "showrunner" for the fifth series in 2010. Moffat has been responsible for several episodes of the revived Doctor Who to date, including the BAFTA Award-winning "Blink" and the fortmcoming two-parter "Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the Dead".
Davies is quoted as saying: "It's been a delight and an honour working with Steven, and I can't wait to see where his extraordinary imagination takes the Doctor. Best of all, I get to be a viewer again, watching on a Saturday night!"
The BBC press release includes a comment from Moffat himself: "My entire career has been a Secret Plan to get this job. I applied before but I got knocked back 'cos the BBC wanted someone else. Also I was seven. Anyway, I'm glad the BBC has finally seen the light, and it's a huge honour to be following Russell into the best - and the toughest - job in television. I say toughest 'cos Russell's at my window right now, pointing and laughing."
Date Added: 5/20/2008
More Doctor Who News:
1) 1/3/2009 - Matt Smith is the Eleventh Doctor
2) 5/20/2008 - Steven Moffat to succeed Davies as Executive Producer
3) 4/23/2007 - SCI FI Picks Up Who Year 3
4) 3/16/2006 - TV Review: DOCTOR WHO - Series Premiere - "Rose"
5) 1/12/2006 - Doctor Who checks into SCI FI
6) 12/1/2005 - Who Will Hit U.S. TV
7) 7/25/2005 - Past Dr Who companion to return
8) 6/18/2005 - Writer's Praise for Dr Who Star
9) 6/15/2005 - Third series of Dr Who confirmed
10) 4/16/2005 - David Tennant confirmed as the tenth Doctor Who
11) 3/9/2005 - Revitalised Doctor Who takes off
12) 8/4/2004 - Daleks back to fight Doctor Who
13) 5/24/2004 - Billie Piper is Doctor Who helper
14) 3/19/2004 - Eccleston to Take Control of the Tardis
15) 3/4/2004 - Comedy writers join Doctor Who
16) 1/17/2004 - Doctor Who to return in 12-part mega-series
17) 9/26/2003 - Doctor Who returns to TV
|Books||Comic Books||Doctor Who||OU Sooners Football||People||Recipes||Shows||Songs|
|Type40 Home||Family||Fletcher||Jolynne||NeeNee's Blog||Kayleigh's Blog||My Blog||Links|
This site is written and maintained by Type40 Web Design